The Addison library welcomes students, staff, and parents to use its print and electronic resources. Students come to the library once a week for formal lessons and borrowing but are welcome any time to browse, borrow, read, and conduct research. The library instructional program supports literacy in a variety of ways and promotes a rich multi-leveled resource collection that is current and entertaining. Students use both electronic and print resources to complete research assignments. Parent volunteers are essential partners who help run the library program and raise funds for library materials. Please contact the Addison librarian if you would like to become a part of this dedicated team.
Search the Addison Online Catalog to find resources in the library collection.
Online Catalogs & Research Links
- PAUSD Curriculum Links
- Palo Alto Children's Library has outstanding Online Resources available to library patrons. Check out their events page and their summer reading program.
- East Palo Alto Library
- Santa Clara County Library
- Mountain View Library
- San Jose Library
- WorldCat: Find items in libraries near you
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Reading for pleasure is one of life's pure and simple joys. Reading for pleasure has the extra added benefit of being good for you as study after study shows a strong positive correlation between time spent reading for pleasure and academic achievement. Guiding children towards choosing enjoyable and interesting books to read either on their own or with another person is a fun and exciting process. The following books and web sites contain a multitude of book lists organized in a variety of ways. Some web sites allow readers to search lists using specific criteria.
- The Read Aloud Handbook 2006-2007 Updated by Jim Trelease
- The New York Times Parent's Guide to the Best Books for Children 3rd Edition by Eden Ross Lipson
- How to Get Your Child to Love Reading: For Ravenous and Reluctant Readers Alike by Esme Raji Codell
- Valerie and Walter's Best Books for Children A Lively Opinionated Guide by Valerie Lewis and Walter Mayes
- Palo Alto Children's Library Kid's Pages Book Reviews
- Series and Sequels published by the Mid-Continent Public Library
- Trelease on Reading
- On-Lion for Kids New York Public Library Reading Lists
- Book Adventure.com Read books and take quizzes.
- Award Winners: Newbery (American Writing) Caldecott (American Illustration) California Young Reader, Coretta Scott King (Multicultural)
- Children's Literature.com
- California Department of Education Recommended Literature Search
- Anti Defamation League Recommended Multicultural & Anti-bias Books for Children
- Weapons of Mass Instruction: Anti-War Books for Young People